I count it a blessing to have been married to my wonderful husband for thirty years as of July 1, 2020! I am the mother of four, (twin daughters, a son and another daughter) and a new grandmother to an adorable little boy. I currently work with our church (volunteer) as the Devotional and Blog Area Coordinator for the seasonal devotionals they distribute and blog posts. I serve with some incredible people who love Jesus and love others!
For a number of years I sang with the Worship Team, served on/led the Missions Team, wrote for and edited the church monthly Newsletter, taught Sunday School, helped out in Youth Group and Vacation Bible School. Not to mention all the Children’s Choir programs and Christmas pageants I helped with when my kids were little and involved in all those wonderful programs! I have a great appreciation to all who dedicate their time, energy and hearts to serving others but especially those who work with our children and youth. I have some great friends within this ministry and am thankful for those who helped me raise my children because we cannot do it alone.
I am also a writer with a dream of publishing my books and am working toward the realization of that dream! After raising our kids and my hubby potentially retiring in the near future, we are exploring options for our future and what it may look like!
In July of 2016, one of our twins completed her three years of study at Hillsong International Leadership College just outside of Sydney, AU. Yes, Australia- the continent that takes a twenty-four hour plane ride to get to! AND got married January 2016 (to a local boy, not an Aussie). They are currently working with their local church and other organizations in outreach and missions programs to be the hands and feet of Jesus, bringing the love of Christ to the marginalized and afflicted .
Our other daughter, who was putting her trade as a hairdresser to work since high school, after a visit to her sister at Hillsong International Leadership College in 2015, decided to attend college there also. She met her husband there and they were married in October 2018 (he’s from Canada!). They both graduated in December 2018—she from their Pastoral Stream and he from their Music Stream. It took a long time and many flights back and forth to Canada for our son-in-law but his Visa was finally approved for his green card (that is a book-length story in and ). They blessed us recently with our first grandchild and he is such a joy!
After attending college for law and figuring out that wasn’t for him, our son, after much prayer and thought is working toward going into the Youth Ministry (and between you and me, this is a MUCH better fit for him!). He is a member of the Army National Guard and we are very proud of him. He was married October 2020 and they are currently working and loving the newlywed life!
Our youngest daughter has spent her life dancing and performing on stage. She was a graduate of the 2020 class and after losing her senior year not only in school but her theater and dance life, is still trying to figure it all out! Life threw her (and I know so many others too) a major curve ball! She’s just trying to keep her head above water and anxiously waiting for the chance to perform again—something that is the love of her life and she misses terribly!
In a short amount of time, from summer of 2013-2016, our lives were filled with drastic change for our family and because of that, I have learned to take in each moment and treasure them in my heart to store up for the days I am missing my kids being little and the world was innocent and the toughest decision for them was whether to play at the creek or in the woods and hunt bugs! With God at the helm, I have even learned to find treasure in the most difficult trials of our lives. Yes, even in the trials!
Some family pics
10 Fun Facts About Me:
- I love, love, love classic movies! “Gone With the Wind”, “Bringing Up Baby”, “How to Steal A Million”, “Meet Me in St. Louis”- just to name a few.
- I love listening to and need to listen to music at all times. That is when I’m not watching a classic movie.
- My favorite season is summer…I love my pool! Except the work part of it- my hubby takes real good care of it though.
- My least favorite season is winter- it’s more accurate to say I have a very strong aversion to it!
- But I do LOVE Christmas! (If we all lived in Australia I could have my favorite Holiday in my favorite season!)
- I always said I hated working out and I’d never run, but, funny thing what changing your own mind about something can do – I wouldn’t go so far as to say I LOVE working out but I do like it now and I do LOVE the results! I actually LOVE being healthier! Go figure!
- I am still and always have been a stay-at-home-mom and love it, spending my time volunteering. I do however have plans for myself and my hubby and it doesn’t involve retirement but rather a new purpose! Stay tuned and I’ll keep y’all updated!
- My grandson is the light of our lives. He keeps us on our toes and brings so much laughter and joy to us that floods our hearts! We are loving the grandparent life!
- My kids are pretty cool and fun to hang out with and they all actually like hanging out with their “mama and papa bear”. Family is everything to us! Not always easy, but worth all the effort!
- My husband is my best friend and has been for the past thirty-seven years. We were high school sweethearts and have been together since I was sixteen and he fifteen. (He was ten days shy of his 16th birthday and I am two months older than him- a fact he likes to point out every year when I have my birthday and am older than him for a short time!)
If I Have Not Love:
Paul said it best; “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.“ 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NIV)
Mark 12:28-31 (NIV) says this: “One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”